We support the hardest working school in Varanasi - The Jeevan School – a shining light in a city full of suffering and inequality.
Although one of the most visited cities in India by domestic and foreign tourists, Varanasi is also home to over 250,000 people living in over 130 slums / shanty villages. Our partner organisation there has turned around 100s upon 100s of lives, helping children from begging families receive a caring home and an all-round education.
9 years on, the eldest kids are now graduating from High School, most them with the highest marks. The work Kati, Sven, Jess & Dan do at The Jeevan School is beyond remarkable.
On top of this they have:
• Offered a safe, loving home to over 250 of the worse affected children
• Educated a further 1000+ children who live in the nearby slums
• Offered 3 meals a day to the children
• Saved numerous girls from abusive, arranged marriages
• Helped children who have been addicted to drugs since infancy